- Chador: 2. 75 meter Art Machine-Weaving Nuni
- Un-Stitched Mekhla: 1. 75 meter Art Machine-Weaving Nuni
- Un-Stitched Blouse piece: 0. 75 meter Art Machine-Weaving Nuni
- Package contents: 1 chador, 1 mekhela and 1 blouse
- This item is NOT a Saree. It’s an Assamese Traditional Wear called Mekhela Chador which comes in two separate pieces – Chador (worn on top half of the body), Mekhela (worn on bottom half of the body)
Assamese artificial nuni cotton mekhla chador. Chadar length 2.75 m. Length 1.75m. Blouse length 0.75m. Mekhela-chaddar is the traditional assamese dress worn by women. There are two main pieces of cloth that are draped around the body. 1) mekhla: the bottom portion, draped from the waist downwards is called the mekhla. 2) chador: the top portion of the two-piece dress, called the chador, is a long length of cloth that has one end tucked into the upper portion of the mekhela and the rest draped over and around the rest of the body. Please follow instructions to extend the life of the fabric. Hand wash separately in cold water for the first time. Do not use bleach, scrub or soak for too long. Actual product colour may slightly vary from the colour on your screen due to resolution.